Greetings OHCFR Members,
It’s OHCFR election season! It is the goal of OHCFR to have a diverse Advisory Board that represents professionals in a variety of family-serving capacities. Serving on the OHCFR Advisory Board is a unique opportunity to collaborate with family scientists and practitioners across the state, promote the field of family science and extend the reach of NCFR for Ohioans. Sound Interesting? Know someone who would be interested in one of the positions? Here’s your chance to get involved! This election cycle has the following open positions:
Secretary-Treasurer (2-year term: Jan. 2020 – Dec. 2021). Responsibilities include
• Preserving records of minutes of annual OHCFR meetings and/or Advisory Board meetings.
• Being responsible for Advisory Board correspondence and submission of the financial part of the annual report.
• Keeping a list of current membership in OHCFR
• Paying all bills authorized by the president as well as receipts.
• Arranging annually for the audit of financial records
2 Professional Board Members, (one to serve a 3-year term: Jan. 2020 – Dec. 2022 & the second a 1-year Term: Jan. 2020 – Dec. 2020). Responsibilities include
• Working with the Advisory Board to address the needs and interests of members
• Assuming duties deemed necessary to enhance the board’s goals.
Student Representative (2-year term: Jan. 2020 – Dec. 2021) shall:
• Serve as contributing, voting members of OHCFR’s Advisory Board.
• Work with the OHCFR Advisory Board to address the needs and interests of student members.
• Provide ideas and assistance with recruiting students.
According to OHCFR Bylaws, Board members must be Ohio residents and members of the National Council on Family Relations. Board members must attend 50% of the scheduled meetings. Within the year, there are two in-person meetings and two conference calls.
Please follow the link below to nominate yourself or another OHCFR member. You may fill out this form as many times as necessary if you desire to nominate multiple people. The nominee will be contacted to notify them of the nomination and ask if they are willing to accept the nomination and run for the position. Submissions are due by September 29, 2019, at 11:59 pm to
https://osu.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bvIrkYEtSiH3bSZ. OHCFR members will be asked to vote between October 16 and November 1.
The OHCFR Advisory Board thanks you for nominating yourself or a colleague for one of the vacant positions.