Greetings OHCFR Members,
It’s OHCFR election season! It is the goal of OHCFR to have a diverse Advisory Board that represents professionals in a variety of family-serving capacities. Serving on the OHCFR Advisory Board is a unique opportunity to collaborate with family scientists and practitioners across the state, promote the field of family science and extend the reach of NCFR for Ohioans. Sound Interesting? Know someone who would be interested in one of the positions? Here’s your chance to get involved!
The call for nominations is for several advisory board positions that will be open beginning in January 2022. All persons desiring to become part of the Advisory Board must live in Ohio and be or become members of the National Council on Family Relations (NCFR). The positions, their respective terms of office, and duties follow:
Secretary-Treasurer: Term of office: January 2022-December 2023 (2-year term)
- When necessary, updating the OHCFR checking account paperwork regarding persons authorized to write checks and bank branch.
- Preserving records of minutes of annual OHCFR meetings and/or Advisory Board meetings as well as all receipts and paid bill disbursements.
- Being responsible for Advisory Board correspondence and submission of the financial part of the annual report.
- Keeping a list of current membership in OHCFR
- Paying all bills authorized by the president as well as keeping receipts.
- Arranging annually for the audit of financial records
2 Student Members Positions: Term of Office: Jan. 1, 2022- Dec. 2023 (2-year term)
*Student members may be undergraduate or graduate students who have student status at the time of their election to the board.
- Works with Advisory Board to address the needs & interests of student members
- Helps recruit students to the organization
Advisory Board members are expected to attend 50% of the scheduled meetings, typically two in-person all-day meetings in June/July and December and two 1.5-2 hour phone conferences in spring and fall. In addition, advisory board members are expected to perform responsibilities that comply with the objectives of OHCFR/NCFR.
Nominations will be open from now until September 24, 2021. Election ballots will be emailed to OHCFR members in mid to late October. Please email nominations and contact information for the nominee to [email protected]